15 January 2009

Music misinterpretation and something new!

This link is to an article I found right after logging out of my email account. It takes me back to when I was with my wife's family in Hawai'i.

We were cruising around Honolulu and a popular song came on the radio. My mother-in-law, bless her heart, started singing along to the lyrics, which she got wrong. She thought the song said, "I want to make love in the world," when in fact the words go "I want to make love in this club." After I, my wife, and one of my brothers-in-law explained to her what the song actually said, the revelation came out she thought it was a song about making the world a better place; not scoring in a night club. 

I'm not one to pass too much judgement, because I'm just as bad at making lyric/quote mistakes. Ask me to quote a movie... I'll botch it up in a heartbeat!

This is why I'm glad Vicki Santillano took a few favorites and set our sails correct (I'm included in this, too) in her article Eight Commonly Misinterpreted Songs. I knew "Every Breath You Take" by The Police was a STALKER SONG!

Something new

I'm currently working on creating a podcast as we speak. I'm planning to make it 50-55 minutes long with songs covering a range of sounds within the downtempo/trip-hop/chillout genus. I'm even gonna throw in some dub-step. I have to admit, the music is very enticing!

Look for the podcast to be out in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: