03 March 2009

Artist of the Week - 1 March 2009

So, I've been sluffing off lately and all I have to show for it is a podcast and something about dead animals. 

I think those are great excuses!

Ah well, you can't win them all!

Here's to my artist of the week: Rabbit's Rum!

If you go to their myspce page, or to their website you may notice something: only two songs. 

My reply: So WHAT! They're both pretty cool. Rum-Pot's stylistic vocals match the ethereal dimension of the group's background story while compelling you to follow Jack Rabbit's formulaic harmonies and orchestrations laced with throbbing baselines. Dreamy and inventive! 

At first, I was tentative about placing them on my initial podcast, but a few turns of the sample loop from IODA Promonet had me placing them at the beginning of... ummm... history. yeah, we'll go with that. (How many terms for first can I have in one sentence? I mean, redundance is one thing, but THIS! I better avoid my ninth grade English teacher at all costs.) 

Hopefully, this is just a taste of what is yet to come. I want to hear the rest of the tale they have to tell!

Download their award-nominated single Invitation below to start your Rabbit's Rum experience. 

Update: I made some grammatical and spelling corrections. Just thought I'd let you know.

No comments: